Mark and Patrick are back at NOV talking with Jed Niederer about a number of topics including oil and gas sales, developing leaders at every level of an organization and how someone can be successful transitioning from a non-HSE background into the HSE department.
Leadership in the oil and gas industry is often something that is thrust upon a rising star in his or her department, but what are companies doing to set those employees up for success?
Click Play to Hear the Oil and Gas HSE Podcast Episode 48 – NOV’s Leadership Development
We Have A Winner!!!
Congratulations Adam Brydon, an HSE Manager at Stuart Pressure Control; you are this week’s winner of the Red Wing Offshore Bag!
To get your hands on one of these awesome offshore bags, all you have to do is enter! Follow the link below and select Oil and Gas HSE and enter your information. We pull one lucky winner each week.
To find our more about NOV you can find them in several places online:
Leave a Review
Help your oil and gas peers find the Oil and Gas HSE Podcast by leaving us a review in iTunes. The more, and better our reviews, the easier we are to find in iTunes, so help the industry out by leaving us a short review.
If you would like some help leaving a review in iTunes the folk at HubSpot put together some easy to follow instructions that you can check out by clicking here.
Red Wing’s Oil and Gas HSE Podcast is hitting the road. Our travel is made possible by our On The Road Sponsors:
Lee Hect Harrison, the global experts in talent management currently helping over 75% of the Fortune 500 oil and gas companies simplify the complexity of leadership and workforce transformation.
Totaland, the World’s Most Advanced Field Land Management System: The Landman’s Virtual Office.
Here are all of the upcoming events we will be attending:
- Summer NAPE: (August 16 – 17) The annual Summer NAPE Expo in Houston is a networking event that brings together all the players necessary to forge, facilitate and close deals.This event offers producers and purchasers a unique chance to connect, reconnect, and make deals. More intimate than the annual NAPE Summit, this show is a “must attend” event to network with the people and players who have firsthand knowledge of the opportunities and prospects throughout the area.
- IADC Human Factors Conference & Exhibition: (October 17 – 18) Recent events have triggered a growing awareness of the human contribution to catastrophic and process safety events. As other industries have proven, if the drilling industry can make a concerted effort to understand human factors and integrate these concepts into training and operations, significant value can be gained in terms of safety performance. The IADC Human Factors Conference & Exhibition will seek to examine the innovations that are shaping the future of drilling as it strives to merge rapidly advancing technologies with an understanding of human nature and form.
- TIBCO Energy Forum: (September 6 – 7)The latest wave of digital transformation in the Energy Sector is starting to bear fruit:
- Oil and gas companies are making profits with tighter cost control, engineering advances and smart software systems
- Refineries have enjoyed solid margins with low crude prices and margin optimization
- Utilities and Smart Grids are balancing energy sources with sense and respond software
The TIBCO Insight Platform fuses our visual, predictive, and streaming analytics technologies, providing closed-loop continuous learning to optimize every part of your operation.
This Is Your Show
Tell Mark and Patrick what topics you would like to hear discussed on the show!
Global Oil and Gas Network LinkedIn Group
Join the conversation with some of the most influential people working in the oil and gas industry!