The Oil and Gas HSE podcast is giving a voice to the people!
In our new segment, the Oil and Gas HSE Mailbag, we will be answering questions and discussing topics important to our listening audience.
One of the primary purposes of the Oil and Gas HSE Podcast is to provide information that will help our listening audience perform their jobs in a safe and efficient manner. This new format will allow Mark and Patrick to cover a wide variety of topics related to health, safety and the environment in the oil and gas industry once a month, and continue with our deep dive interview format the rest of the time.
Today’s discussion covers topics such as:
- defining risk tolerance: How do you know that all of the hazards have been properly assessed and mitigated?
- Ground water contamination: Is drilling a serious issue or is it all media hype?
- Why do incidents increase the longer someone stays in the same role and how do companies break this cycle?
- Is methane release an issue in the oil and gas industry?
- How do you prevent “lightning-strike incidents” from happening?
If you would like us to answer your questions about HSE in the oil and gas industry, you can send us your questions by clicking here.
Click Play to Hear the Oil and Gas HSE Podcast Episode 47 – Defining Risk Tolerance
We Have A Winner!!!
Congratulations Mary Bruns, a Production Engineer at Thomson; you are this week’s winner of the Red Wing Offshore Bag!
To get your hands on one of these awesome offshore bags, all you have to do is enter! Follow the link below and select Oil and Gas HSE and enter your information. We pull one lucky winner each week.
The Mail Bag episode will be a regular occurrence on the Oil and Gas HSE Podcast, so if you have questions you want answered or topics you would like discussed on the show reach out to Mark or Patrick and we’ll do our best to talk about on our next Mail Bag episode.
Leave a Review
Help your oil and gas peers find the Oil and Gas HSE Podcast by leaving us a review in iTunes. The more, and better our reviews, the easier we are to find in iTunes, so help the industry out by leaving us a short review.
If you would like some help leaving a review in iTunes the folk at HubSpot put together some easy to follow instructions that you can check out by clicking here.
Red Wing’s Oil and Gas HSE Podcast is hitting the road. Our travel is made possible by our On The Road Sponsors:
Lee Hect Harrison, the global experts in talent management currently helping over 75% of the Fortune 500 oil and gas companies simplify the complexity of leadership and workforce transformation.
Totaland, the World’s Most Advanced Field Land Management System: The Landman’s Virtual Office.
Here are all of the upcoming events we will be attending:
- Summer NAPE: (August 16 – 17) The annual Summer NAPE Expo in Houston is a networking event that brings together all the players necessary to forge, facilitate and close deals.This event offers producers and purchasers a unique chance to connect, reconnect, and make deals. More intimate than the annual NAPE Summit, this show is a “must attend” event to network with the people and players who have firsthand knowledge of the opportunities and prospects throughout the area.
- IADC Human Factors Conference & Exhibition: (October 17 – 18) Recent events have triggered a growing awareness of the human contribution to catastrophic and process safety events. As other industries have proven, if the drilling industry can make a concerted effort to understand human factors and integrate these concepts into training and operations, significant value can be gained in terms of safety performance. The IADC Human Factors Conference & Exhibition will seek to examine the innovations that are shaping the future of drilling as it strives to merge rapidly advancing technologies with an understanding of human nature and form.
- TIBCO Energy Forum: (September 6 – 7)The latest wave of digital transformation in the Energy Sector is starting to bear fruit:
- Oil and gas companies are making profits with tighter cost control, engineering advances and smart software systems
- Refineries have enjoyed solid margins with low crude prices and margin optimization
- Utilities and Smart Grids are balancing energy sources with sense and respond software
The TIBCO Insight Platform fuses our visual, predictive, and streaming analytics technologies, providing closed-loop continuous learning to optimize every part of your operation.
This Is Your Show
Tell Mark and Patrick what topics you would like to hear discussed on the show!
Global Oil and Gas Network LinkedIn Group
Join the conversation with some of the most influential people working in the oil and gas industry!